This Friday we are gonna get to know the artist behind a series of products made in collaboration with Mudpuppy. 



We love her work and we especially love the collection that she did with Mudpuppy. We have asked Genine a bunch of questions..
  




Q. Where do you live?
A: I live in the beautiful high desert of Santa Fe, New Mexico in the southwest United States. We live at 2.194 meters above sea level which makes the pretiest electric blue skies I have ever seen. We live outside Santa Fe in the countryside and get to be surrounded by the wild nature.
 



Q. Do you have any favorite spots in your hometown?
A: I have many favorite spots! The Museum of International Folk Art is one of my favorite places to visit in Santa Fe, and I have many favorite places to go hike with my husband Manolo, like Kasha-Katuwe, Tent Rocks, the Galisteo Basin, Plaza Blanca in Abiquiu. My favorite place to eat New mexican food is Café Pasqual's. 



Q. What inspires you?
A: Nature is my main source of inspiration. The privilege of being able to live out here and see all these beautiful plants and cacti up close and seeing all the wildlife from my studio window is priceless.  

Q. What inspired you for the Avian Friends collection?
A: My love for birds was the main inspiration for the Feathered Friends collection I did in collaboration with Galison/Mudpuppy. I have been obsessed with birds all my life, they represent freedom and beauty. 

Q. Which is your favorite item from the collection and why?
A: I really love the Coloring Post Card booklet. I love the size of the postcards and the fact that you can color it and put a stamp on the back and send it to your loved ones. 

Q. What are you working on right now? Any new and ecxiting projects?
A: I am working on a very exciting book right now about my bird art. Canøt say much about it now but that is what I'm working on for the rest of the year and I'm very happy about it.

Q. What is in your opinion the best gift to give?
A: I love to give handmade gifts, specially ceramics. But if I can't make something I think books are my favorite gift to give. Who doesn't like to receive a beautiful book with pretty images to be inspired?


Make sure that you check out her website and on the webshop here you can find much more of the great Avian Friends collection.

Post a Comment

Youtube


Contact

© ROOM2PLAY blog
Design by The Basic Page